❝Every child deserves a champion: an adult who will never give up on them, who understands the power of connection and insists they become the best they can possibly be.
~ Rita Pierson, Educator
Information and Communications Technology focuses incorporating 7 ISTE Standards:
- Empowered Learner – students leverage technology to take an active role in choosing, achieving and demonstrating competency in their learning goals, informed by the learning sciences.
- Digital Citizen – students recognize the rights, responsibilities and opportunities of living, learning and working on an interconnected digital world, and they act and model in ways that are safe, legal and ethical.
- Knowledge Constructor – Students critically curate a variety of resources using digital tools to construct knowledge, produce creative artifacts and make meaningful learning experiences for themselves and others.
- Innovative Designer – Students use a variety of technologies within a design process to identify and solve problems by creating new, useful or imaginative solutions.
- Computational Thinker -- Students develop and employ strategies for understanding and solving problems in ways that leverage the power of technological methods to develop and test solutions.
- Creative Communicator – Students communicate clearly and express themselves creatively for a variety of purposes using the platforms, tools, styles, formats and digital media appropriate to their goals.
- Global Collaborator – Students use digital tools to broaden their perspectives and enrich their learning by collaborating with others and working effectively in teams locally and globally.